Monday, May 17, 2010

AIM: Baseball Equipment Drive

I've mentioned a few times lately that I'm leaving June 8th for a mission trip to the Dominican Republic to hold a baseball camp for 2000-3000 kids.  Obviously that camp would not be successful without donations of used equipment from our community.  A couple of Junior High girls made this awesome video for our equipment drive.  They did an amazing job, and I wanted to share it with all of you.

Baseball Equipment Drive Video

If you live in the Houston area and want to help out with donations, let me know and I can make arrangements to meet you, or you can drop off equipment at either of these two business locations:

Buds and Blossoms
14120 Cypress N. Houston
Cypress, TX 77429

or

Emco Press
4935 Milwee St
Houston, TX 77092


Current needs are: old gloves, bats, baseballs, bat/dufflebags, helmets, basketballs,volleyballs, nets, catcher gear, training tools, cleats, and uniforms.

Also, I'm still raising money for my husband and son to join me on this trip.  If you'd like to make a monetary donation, you can send checks made payable to Athletic International Missions in c/o The King Dominican Fund to the Buds and Blossoms address above.

Lastly, if you'd like to join us on this mission trip, please let me know so I can get you more info.  We still need 20-25 more volunteers to join us!

Thanks you in advance for your generosity!

2 comments:

  1. Where are you in raising funds for your family to go? -SR

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - Love the video! Very impressive! -SR

    ReplyDelete

Questions or Comments?

Related Posts with Thumbnails