Monday, April 12, 2010

Athletic International Missions: Dominican Republic 2010



I am very excited to share with all of you that I am visiting the Dominican Republic this June on a mission trip with Athletic International Missions.  This Christian based mission group will bring 100 volunteers to the Dominican Republic to host a baseball, basketball, and volleyball camp for over 2000 kids from June 8-15.  The group has found great success with breaking down the international barriers of language and culture through the passion of sports.  Through those common interests, God's love can reach all those that have never heard His word.

I have been blessed with a paid trip for myself to attend the mission.  (Yay!!!)  I am now hoping to raise funds for my two oldest boys and my husband to also attend the mission trip.  The trip costs $1300 per person to attend, so it's no small feat to tackle before the June 8 deadline.  Any donation would be greatly appreciated, but I am also offering a fundraiser incentive to those in the Houston area.  In coordination with my employer, Buds and Blossoms, I am selling flats of annual and perennial color for $16 and $19 respectively.  $9.00 of every flat I sell will be donated to the King Dominican Fund for this mission trip. If you are planning on buying color for your landscape this Spring, this is a great way to help out and add beauty to your yard too!  If you want to make a straight donation, please make checks payable to: Athletic International Missions. Funds can be mailed to: 

Buds and Blossoms 
c/o King Dominican Fund
14120 Cypress N. Houston 
Cypress, TX 77429

I ask that you pray for us as we collect funds for the mission, as I have faith that God will provide for these boys to do God's work first hand. If a monetary donation is burdensome to your finances, you can still help this mission be successful.  AIM is in need of used sporting equipment to host the camp.  The current needs are: 

BASEBALL–   gloves, bats, balls, cleats, helmets, catchers gear, bat bags, hitting nets, waffle balls, uniforms and caps.
BASKETBALL– balls, shoes, nets, socks, uniforms, and cones.
DUFFEL BAGS– Not to exceed  62 in./157 cm .

Look in your garage, kids closets or even ask friends and neighbors for the used items that are just taking up space now.  They can make a difference and are the lifeline to this mission's success!  Equipment can be dropped off at the address above, or given to me, between now and June 7.

Finally, if you or someone you know are interested in attending this mission trip, please let me know so I can get you more information.  We are currently about 20-25 people short of the 100 needed volunteers.  We would love to have you aboard!

I ask that you keep us in your prayers so that funding, equipment, and volunteers are all collected to make the AIM 2010 mission a success!  We all make errors, but with His sacrifice, we all make it home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Comments?

Related Posts with Thumbnails