Sunday, November 15, 2009

This is why I love my job! (Part 1)

I fell off the blogosphere this week from utter exhaustion.  I spent the entire week installing two landscapes that I have been preparing for about a month.  Monday and Tuesday were dedicated to finding two fountains for my clients.  I found the cutest little nursery in the Heights of Houston.  They specialize in fountains and I'm going to post some awesome photos I took there in my next post.  Wednesday I started the first install which was a blank slate backyard except for one small bed the homeowner had just put in.  This was a fun install because the homeowner wanted a butterfly sanctuary.  (If you know me even a little, I'm slightly in love with butterflies, so this was right up my ally!)  We installed a small fountain off their patio, and installed three beds along the fence line.  I can't wait to go back and take pictures six months from now when everything has filled in.


This is looking across her yard with the house directly to my left.


The sun glared this photo, but this is the pottery fountain we installed.  I planted Dwarf Mondo grass around the base.


This is the electrical box we covered.  There is a Confederate Rose in the very back that will grow above the fence and flower beautifully next Fall.  Other plants in this bed: Plumbago, Knockout Rose, Butterfly Iris, Foxtail Fern, and 'Purple Lady' Iresine.


This is the middle bed.  I put Mexican Flame Vine on the arbor with a Savannah Holly next to that for balance.  Other plants are: Milkweed, Euryops, Dwarf Bottlebrush, Candy Corn Cuphea, and Porterweed.  The homeowner is going to put a small bench or birdbath under the arbor.


This is the third bed which has a Bottlebrush tree in the center, along with a Sweet Almond Verbena for scent.  I repeated some of the plants from the other beds in this bed for balance and color.

We wanted to cover her fence line, so we planted Confederate Jasmine between the three beds.  This will give her green space without the beds to weed and mulch.  Like I said, I can't wait to go back in six months and take pictures again after everything has filled in and grown up.  Also, I really want the owners to put a rock border along the bed lines.  I think they will after they put in the rock border in their front yard.  For now though, this job is done!  I'm very pleased with the results.

The second Job I installed will be posted in Part 2, so keep reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Comments?

Related Posts with Thumbnails