Monday, October 12, 2009

72) Go to 2 Festivals or Fairs - (1/2) check!

On Saturday, my Mom, Aunt Marcy, Karrie, Christian, Kurtis, Westin and I all went to the Scarecrow Festival in Chappel Hill, TX.  This is more of a craft show than a festival, but I look forward to it every year.  The festival is held in the streets of Chappel Hill, which is a small country town between Hempstead, TX and Brenham, TX.  In the Spring, the festival is called the Bluebonnet Festival where many people make the trip out to take pictures in the bluebonnets along 290.  On Saturday, the weather was perfect for fall - cool and misty.  We walked through the booths looking at all the arts and crafts people were selling.  I got a few good ideas of things I want to make. (I know, like I need more craft ideas!)  Mom and Karrie bought a few things for my neice who is arriving in November.  We enjoyed some kettle corn that sent wonderful smells through the air.  As we were about to leave, I saw a lady carrying a few plants in a bag.  I recognized one as a Butterfly Vine.  I've wanted this plant for years and have not been able to locate it.  I was very excited to hear that she picked it up at the Bluebonnet House there.  I walked down to the shop and found my plant.  Of course this made my day!  I will post pictures on my Plant of the Day post following this one.  As we left, I took some pictures with the boys with some scarecrows.  When we left, we went into Brenham and ate lunch.  After that, we left the country, and came home from our fun/exhausting day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Comments?

Related Posts with Thumbnails