Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Purple Chinese Hat

This plant caught my eye today with its precious clusters of dainty flowers.  I was in awe of how the flowers remind me slightly of hydrangea with their papery look.  Chinese Hat can reach 4-6 ft tall, does well in a sun to partial shade situation, and has average water needs.  Butterflies and bees are attracted to this plant, which is a plus in any garden.  This plant can also be found in green, yellow, red, and orange, but this is my favorite!  (Surprise, Suprise!)  This plant is frost tender, so protect it during the winter here in Houston.  This is a great specimen plant for a conversation piece in the garden.  Not many people can walk by these cute flowers without stopping for a  look!
This plant made my day!  How 'bout yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Comments?

Related Posts with Thumbnails